COMMUNITY EVENT & SPACE MANAGER
Position: Full-time (Contract)
Location: Myanmar Plaza Office Tower
Impact Hub Yangon is part of the world’s largest entrepreneurship community and currently supporting and scaling Myanmar economic development through entrepreneurship programs. Impact Hub Yangon is working with international organizations such as UNDP, GIZ, WWF and also working with large corporations such as Ooredoo and Grab to shape the entrepreneurship community Myanmar.
Impact Hub Yangon is currently managing an Innovation Hub which is a joint initiative by UNDP Myanmar and Ooredoo Myanmar. The Innovation Hub, aims to provide a platform for Myanmar’s youth to showcase technology related innovative ideas to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through digital innovation.
The objective of the initiative is to set up a dedicated facility for providing a package of acceleration, mentorship and incubation support based on global good practices to young entrepreneurs to innovate, collaborate, upscale and grow into successful enterprises having positive social impact, and respond to development challenges including those relating to the agriculture sector, rural development, women’s economic empowerment, innovative e-governance and responsive public service delivery.
The Innovation Hub is located at the Ooredoo Myanmar Headquarters in Yangon and is managed and operated by Impact Hub Yangon.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create a friendly environment for users of the Incubation Hub space (members)
- Plan and launch community initiatives to create connections between members of different interest groups
- Be knowledgeable and able to explain about membership guidelines, code of conducts for members, as necessary.
- Oversee new member on boarding and conduct exit meetings with departing members.
Incubation Training Program Management
- Coordinate between incubatees, trainers and mentors to plan, schedule and execute monthly incubation training sessions.
- Plan and manage logistical requirements for monthly incubation training sessions delivery.
- Conduct regular meetings with the entire cohort to ensure incubatees are aligned on the general objective of the training, and performance goals
- Hold weekly one-on-one meetings with each team to review the status of individual progress and discuss and where possible resolve any concerns
- Hold periodic meetings with mentors to ensure mentors and teams are properly supported
- Report the status of the entire cohort and individual team’s progress, and mentors’ assessments to the management team on a weekly and monthly basis.
Event Planning & Management
- Create an event calendar that is targeted for internal members and community members
- Identify and engage required resources such as speakers, panelists and moderators.
- Plan and manage logistical requirements for each event, and train and coordinate logistical team members.
- Oversee the whole event process from marketing, publicizing, catering, smooth check-in to cleanup.
- Ensure photos and recording of events are undertaken
- Provide a summary report of every event, and update social media and website regarding each event.
Space & Facilities Management
- Manage and verify space usage by members on a daily basis
- Monitor and report to building management if there’s an issue with the facility services (wifi, electrical, air-conditioning, cleaning, etc)
- Manage ID and access badges by verifying through member list to prevent unauthorized access
- Provide a monthly summary report of space usage
- Oversee the management and updates of all communication channels including social media, website and newsletter.
- Engage with the local community by attending relevant events happening in Yangon
- Maintain a positive relationship with partner organizations of Innovation Hub
- University or institute graduates with proven record of experience in customer service
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Passion for tech, digital and entrepreneurial community at large
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Able to use Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Experienced in content creation and social media management is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of ethics, empathy and dependability
Please submit your resume and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact 095103084 / 09795900446 for further information.