The newly established Kitchen Hub in Taunggyi is managed by Impact Hub Yangon and supported by GIZ Myanmar in order to support food and agro processing businesses and start- ups in the Southern Shan State. The Kitchen Hub will consist of a processing facility where food businesses can create, test and manufacture their first batch of products. The Kitchen Hub also provides training programs for food businesses and start-ups on agro-processing techniques, standard food processing procedures, food safety, packaging as well as essential business skills such as finance, marketing and business management.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Food Technologist is responsible to manage the facility and training programs provided by Kitchen Hub. He/she also requires to supervise the full time employees such as facility supervisor and cleaner.
- The Food Technologist may suggest and implement the formulation or recipe of multiple agro-based food products such as fruit juice, jam, deep fry, traditional foods, curry, powder, pickled or fermented food etc
- Food Technologist is responsible to implement standard operation procedure of each processing, formulation of the food products, maintenance of machines and equipment, cleaning and sanitizing, raw receiving, pest control, disposal management to meet GMP and GHP standard both food safety and workplace safety.
- Food Technologist may create checklists for each production line and submit production monthly report to management team.
- Food Technologist may oversee the daily operations of the facility.
- He/she ensures that production meets health, sanitation, and quality standards set by the corporation, food industry, and government agencies.
- Food Technologist is responsible for arranging schedules for facility usage, and monitoring employee and start-up owners’ performance.
- Food Technologist may involve with the design of machinery, such as assembly lines or processing equipment.
- Review manufacturing processes for efficiency, noting areas for improvement and researching alternative machinery, equipment, or modifications.
- Liaise with food business and train them with necessary food processing techniques and food safety procedures. Provide them with necessary consultation regards to food manufacturing.
Location: Taunggyi (occasional travel to Yangon)
Working hours: Full-Time (44 hours/week)
Required education: Bachelor degree or diploma holder in industrial chemistry, biotechnology, food science or manufacturing engineering is recommended; alternatively, a degree or diploma in a technical, engineering or other relevant field.
Other requirements: Experienced in food production with managerial skills is preferred, and knowledge in GMP, HACCP standard is required.
1) Chemistry — Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
2) Biology — Knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
3) Food Production — Knowledge of techniques and equipment for processing food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
4) Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Proven experience as production supervisor or similar role
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
Please send your application to: Kyaw Myat Soe, Director & Co-founder (Impact Hub Yangon) email@example.com