COMMUNITY & EVENT COORDINATOR
Location: Impact Hub Yangon HQ (Yaw Min Gyi)
Impact Hub Yangon is part of the world’s largest entrepreneurship community and currently supporting and scaling Myanmar economic development through entrepreneurship programs. Impact Hub Yangon is working with international organizations such as UNDP, GIZ, WWF and also working with large corporations such as Ooredoo and Grab to shape the entrepreneurship community in Myanmar.
We are currently looking for a community and event coordinator to join our core team. You will be in charge of hosting series of events and building a community to empower the local entrepreneurship community and ecosystem at large.
Interested applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or a diploma and have prior experience in an event management and communication position. Fluency in Myanmar and English is a must. A thorough understanding of entrepreneurship and community is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and launch community initiatives to create connections between members of different interest groups
- Promote positive image of Impact Hub Yangon and engage with the local community by attending relevant events and webinars happening in Yangon
- Identify and engage different actors in the community including startups, MSMEs, cottage businesses, entrepreneurs, mentors, trainers and prospective partner organizations
- Develop both offline and online channels to provide continuous effort in community engagement
- Inititate and rollout activities together with the community to advance the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Myanmar
Event Planning & Management
- Create monthly event calendar that is targeted for internal members and community members
- Suggest event topics that are relevant or trending among the entrepreneurship community and develop detailed descriptions and event concepts.
- Identify and engage required resources such as speakers, panelists and moderators.
- Plan and manage logistical requirements for each event and work with operations team for the delivery of the events
- Oversee the whole event process from marketing, publicizing, catering, smooth check-in to cleanup.
- Act as moderator or MC at the events and ensure to provide community values to the attendees.
- Ensure photos and recording of events are undertaken.
- Provide a summary report of every event, and update social media and website regarding each event.
- University or institute graduates with proven record of experience in communication and management skills
- Demonstrated event management and community development skills
- Passion for social values and entrepreneurial community at large
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Able to use Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Experienced in content creation and social media management is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of ethics, empathy and dependability
Please submit your resume and expected salary to email@example.com latest by 15th December 2020. For more information, please contact 09795900446.